Dear Seventh Grade Parents,
It is hard to believe there are just over 3 weeks left in the school year. The end of the year is a very busy time. At the end of this email you will find a list of several events. Please add these to your calendar.
I do want to give some additional information for two of the dates listed below.
1. Wednesday 5/31/17 - Baccalaureate Mass and Breakfast.
Reminder: Students will wear school uniforms and no shorts are allowed. The seventh grade students will be serving breakfast for the families of our graduating eighth grade students. THANK YOU TO OUR SEVENTH GRADE PARENTS WHO ARE PREPARING THE FOOD FOR THIS EVENT.
2. Tuesday 5/23/17 - Track Meet
The forecast for the day of the track meet is very encouraging. The temperature is forecast to be 75 degree or more. PLEASE send extra water, sunscreen and a hat with your students on this day. Most students will bring a lunch but there are also concessions available. Mr. Woodworth has posted menu selections in the gym for students to review.
Several 7th grade parents have volunteered their time to carpool students to the meet. We have enough drivers at this time
1. You will go to and from the track meet with the same parent.
2. If parents elect to take students from the stadium, they MUST sign out with Mr. Moynihan. If they are not signed out, they MUST return to school with the parent who drove them. If a parent wants their student to go home with another family they must make arrangements with Mr. Moynihan in advance. Send me an email or send a note with your student. Please remember to sign and date the note.
Please see the additional information below regarding expectations, dress code etc. provided by Mr. Woodworth. Scroll down past the track meet information for end of the year dates.Catholic Schools Track Meet
● Tuesday, May 23, 2017 9:00AM – 2:00PM
● Everett Memorial Stadium
● Park in only the south lot and enter the stadium through the south gate.
● Rain or shine.
● ALL STUDENTS ARE TO MEET AT SCHOOL BEFORE GOING TO THE TRACK MEET. THEY MUST STAY AT THE STADIUM UNTIL THE TRACK MEET IS OVER.
● If meet is still going on at 2:30pm students may leave with a parent, but must check out with their homeroom teachers first.
● Only participants and volunteers are allowed on the track and the fields.
● We will be sitting in section 3 (Which is located on the 50yd line of the football field)
● We will be running in lanes 3 & 6
● All students must remain in the stands until their event is called.
● If we need to sit under the covered area, we have decided that if a parent will supervise them, they may sit in the open area. If we are in the open area students are not to go undercover.
● Remember to bring small bills for the concession stands. Hot dogs will be the lunch item to go along with other snacks and treats.
● Wear P.E. uniforms to school red t-shirt & navy shorts. Shoes must have laces or Velcro, no thick-tongued shoes allowed. MAKE SURE LACES ARE TIED!! No spikes are allowed.
● ****No electronics!! Also no colored hair spray, face paint, etc.
● Field event winners will be announced throughout the day with ribbons being awarded the next day at school.
Monday 5/8/17 through Friday 5/26/17
Seventh Grade Service Project - Pregnancy Aid Drive
Last Day for Burrito Lunches
MAP Testing - Math
Track Meet - Everett Memorial Stadium
Last Day for Pizza Lunches
Last Day for Chicken Tenders Lunches
Ascension Thursday - Mass 9:00 AM (Holy Day)
Memorial Day - No School
Baccalaureate Breakfast - Seventh grade serving
Altar Servers Field Trip to Birch Bay
Mass, 10:00 AM dismissal (Approximate - after Mass and distribution of Report Cards
If you have any questions or concerns please contact